If you’re one of the over 50 million Americans still using older 3G or 4G smartphones, now is the time to upgrade to free 5G phones from the government. It’s like jumping two generations of technology, from 3G/4G to 5G, and that too, absolutely free!
These free 5G phones are part of the government’s commitment to digital inclusion, ensuring everyone has access to the hyperconnected world of 5G. Forget the tedious buffering symbol you’ve come to loathe, and get ready to stream, download, and browse with a speed you’ve never experienced before with your free 5G phone.
Getting a free 5G phone from the Government is not just about a shiny new gadget in your pocket. It’s about opening doors to a faster, smoother, and more efficient world. It’s a tool for new opportunities in learning, working, and communicating in the digital age.
So, why remain stuck in the digital stone age with a 3G phone? Join the 5G revolution today and experience the future in the palm of your hand with Free 5G Government Phones.
Here in this post, we will discuss different ways to get free 5G phones, eligibility criteria and application process in detail.
So, let’s get started…
Does Government Provide 5G Phones for Free?
The US government does provide free 5G phones to eligible individuals as part of efforts to encourage the adoption of 5G technology.
To get a 5G phone from the government for free, you can apply for programs such as the Lifeline Program or the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program, now it is ACP.
These programs offer free or discounted phone service to low-income individuals who meet certain qualifications, and are enrolled in government assistance programs like food stamps and Medicaid.
However, it’s important to note that not all providers offer free 5G government phones through their Lifeline and ACP programs. It’s advisable to explore different providers to find the ones that offer this benefit.
How to Get Free 5G Government Phones: Step-by-Step Guide
Getting your hands on a Free 5G Government Phone doesn’t have to be a complex process. With the right information, you can easily navigate through the eligibility criteria and application procedures.
To lighten that load for you, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to get you started on your path to acquire a free 5G phone through government programs.
Step 1 – Check your Eligibility
The first step to obtain a Free 5G Government Phone is ensuring that you meet the necessary eligibility criteria mainly for two programs that includes ACP and the Lifeline.
Eligibility Requirements for the Lifeline Program
Below is a list of eligibility criteria that need to be considered to get approved for the Lifeline program:
1) Income: If your gross household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you may qualify for the Lifeline program. The income eligibility varies depending on your household size. Check below to understand who falls under the poverty line based on the household size –
|Household Size||Household Income|
2) Participating in Qualifying Programs: Consumers may also qualify for Lifeline if they participate in certain government benefit programs such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veteran’s Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Family Assistance/Safety Net Assistance
- National School Lunch Program
3) Participating in Tribal Programs: Applicants may also qualify for the Lifeline program if they are already enrolled in any of the below Tribal programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Tribal Lands Head Start
Eligibility Requirements for the ACP Program
Here is a comprehensive list of eligibility criteria required to be approved for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):
- Income: If your annual household income is at or under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, you may qualify for the ACP program and get a free 5G phone. This guideline is based on your annual gross income.
- Participation in Qualifying Programs: Applicants may also be eligible for the ACP if they participate in certain government benefit programs or meet specific conditions. Some examples include participation in SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Head Start, Veteran’s Pension, and Tribal-specific programs.
- Household Membership: A member of your household must meet the eligibility criteria for the ACP. The program considers the income and participation in qualifying programs for all members of the household.
- Residential Address: Applicants must provide their full name, date of birth, and address when applying for the ACP. The address is used for verification purposes.
It’s important to note that eligibility requirements may vary by state or region. It’s advisable to check the specific guidelines provided by the ACP program in your area for detailed information.
Step 2 – Apply for the Program
When it comes to applying for the Lifeline program, there are several methods available to make the process convenient for everyone.
Here are the different ways you can apply:
Ways to Apply for Lifeline Program to Get 5g Phone for Free From Government
- Online Application: To start your Lifeline application, you can visit the GetInternet.gov website and submit the form electronically. In 2021, over 50% of applications were submitted online. Simply visit their website and follow the instructions provided to fill out the required sections and submit your application electronically.
- Mail Application: If you prefer a physical application, you can request one to be mailed to you. Contact Lifeline at (800) 234-9473 or send an email to [email protected] to request an application form. Once you receive it, carefully fill out the required sections, initial each agreement statement, and sign on the designated page. Afterward, mail the completed application to the below address:
Lifeline Support Center
P.O. Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- Phone or Internet Company: Another way to apply for Lifeline is through a phone or internet company. Once you qualify for the Lifeline program, you can choose a participating company near you and sign up for service with them. They will guide you through the application process and assist you in getting started. You can also inquire with your current phone or internet provider if they offer Lifeline services.
Ways to Apply for the ACP Program to Get 5g Phone for Free From Government
When it comes to applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), there are a few different ways you can apply. Here are the specific methods available:
- Online Application: To apply for the ACP, you can visit the official ACP website here. In 2022, over 5 million people applied through this portal. Fill out the necessary details and follow the instructions provided to complete the application process.
- Phone Enrollment: If you prefer to apply over the phone, you can contact your preferred participating provider or your internet company directly. They will guide you through the application process and help you enroll in the ACP.
Step 3 – Choose the Provider
Choosing the right provider is a crucial step in obtaining your free 5G government phone. It’s not merely about picking a company; it’s about selecting a provider that will cater to your specific needs.
Each participating company offers different plans and benefits, so it’s essential to do your research.
Your aim is to select a provider that can provide stable 5G network coverage and compatible smartphone models through their Lifeline or ACP plans.
If your existing ISP is already supporting the Lifeline and ACP program, then you can go with them and ask for possible options to get 5G smartphone for free.
Things to consider while choosing the provider of 5g government phones:
- Coverage: Ensure that the provider offers reliable coverage in your area. Check their coverage map or contact their customer service to confirm that you will have consistent access to 5G networks where you live or work.
- Network Quality: Consider the quality of the provider’s network. Look for a provider that has a robust and high-performing network infrastructure to ensure fast and stable connections for your 5G phone.
- Plan Options: Explore the different plan options available from each provider. Consider factors such as data allowances, unlimited calling and texting, and any additional features or perks they may offer.
- Device Compatibility: Check if the provider supports the specific 5G phone models provided by the government program. Ensure compatibility to make the most of the 5G network capabilities.
- Customer Support: Research the provider’s reputation for customer support. Check reviews/testimonials to gauge customer service responsiveness when troubleshooting or seeking assistance.
- Pricing: Compare the pricing structures of different providers. Look for transparent pricing without hidden fees, and consider available government program discounts or subsidies.
- Additional Services: Some providers may offer additional services such as mobile hotspot capabilities, international calling options, or entertainment subscriptions. Consider these extra features if they align with your needs.
- Contract Terms: Review the terms and conditions of the provider’s contract. Look for flexibility, contract length, cancellation policies, and any potential penalties or fees associated with early termination.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision when choosing a provider for your 5G government phone.
List of Providers Offering 5g Government Smartphones
Here is a list of specific Lifeline and ACP providers offering 5G government smartphones for free or at discounted rates:
SafeLink Wireless offers several 5G-enabled models like the TCL 4X 5G (with a 6.6″ display and 48MP camera) and the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (with a 6.5″ display and 48MP camera).
SafeLink Wireless is a Lifeline supported service, which is a government benefit program aimed at providing affordable communication services to eligible individuals.
Some of the available 5G-capable phone models offered by SafeLink Wireless include:
- TCL 4X 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- OnePlus Nord 200 5G
- Nokia G300 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A14 5G
- Motorola G 5G (2022)
- OnePlus Nord 20 5G
- Motorola One Ace 5G
Clintex Wireless offers eligible customers free smartphones with free monthly cell phone service as part of the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
They provide a variety of 5G government phones to choose from.
Here are some available models:
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G: This entry-level phone features 5G capability, a 6.5-inch display, a 13-megapixel camera, and a 4,500mAh battery with fast charging. It also includes a fingerprint reader for added security.
- Wingtech REVVL V Plus 5G: This affordable 5G phone boasts a large screen and a large battery. Additional features include fast charging, NFC, a fingerprint reader, and expandable storage.
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G: One of the first 5G phones in the US, this flagship device offers a large battery and is similar in size and features to its predecessor, the V40.
AT&T offers a variety of 5G government phones to eligible individuals. These phones provide access to the faster speeds and enhanced capabilities of AT&T’s 5G network.
Here are some available models:
- Samsung Galaxy S23: This flagship smartphone from Samsung offers advanced features, a high-quality display, and 5G connectivity for a seamless browsing and streaming experience.
- iPhone 14: Apple’s latest iPhone model boasts 5G compatibility, a powerful processor, and an impressive camera system, making it an excellent choice for those who prefer iOS devices. Check out more details about free iPhone 14.
- Google Pixel 7: The Google Pixel series is known for its exceptional camera performance and smooth user experience. The Pixel 7 combines these features with 5G capabilities.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4: This foldable smartphone provides a unique form factor and a compact design. With 5G support, users can enjoy fast internet speeds while benefiting from a sleek, portable device.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4: AT&T also offers the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G, a cutting-edge foldable phone that transforms from a 6.2″ cover screen to a wide 7.6″ display when opened up – perfect for multitasking. It also comes with 5G connectivity for fast and reliable internet access.
Visit AT&T website to explore a wide range of 5G government phones and features.
Verizon offers a range of 5G government phones for eligible individuals, providing access to their 5G Ultra Wideband network. Here are some available models:
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro: These Apple smartphones offer advanced features and the most advanced dual-camera system available on the iPhone. Check out more details about free iPhone 13.
- Google Pixel 6: The Google Pixel 6 is a 5G phone known for its exceptional camera performance and user-friendly experience.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Series: The Samsung Galaxy S22 Series includes various models that provide a premium 5G smartphone experience with powerful cameras and high-quality displays.
- Motorola One 5G Ace XT2113: This Motorola smartphone offers 5G connectivity, a large display, and a 48-megapixel camera.
Sprint is now part of T-Mobile. T-Mobile offers a range of 5G-compatible cell phones for customers enrolled in government assistance programs. Here are some available models:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G: This Android phone supports 5G, as well as 4G LTE, 4G, 3G, and 2G connectivity. It features a high-quality display and advanced camera capabilities.
- TCL 30 XE 5G: The TCL 30 XE 5G is another Android phone that supports 5G, along with various other cellular network technologies. It offers a combination of performance and affordability.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20: These Samsung Galaxy models were available with support for the largest nationwide 5G network.
Cricket Wireless offers a selection of 5G phones for free with government assistance. Here are some available models:
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Cricket Magic 5G
- Cricket Wireless Innovate 5G
- LG K92™ 5G
These phones provide users with the benefits of 5G technology, allowing for faster download and upload speeds, enhanced streaming capabilities, and improved overall performance.
StandUp Wireless is a provider of Lifeline, a government benefit program that offers free cell phones, minutes, texts, and data to eligible individuals in certain states.
The company offers a range of phones from popular brands like Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Xiaomi, Lenovo, and LG for free. If you are specifically looking for ways to get iPhone for free, then check out our detailed guide about how to apply and get free government iPhone.
To obtain a free 5G government phone from StandUp Wireless, you can visit their official website or contact their customer service for more details. Once you confirm your phone company and plan, StandUp Wireless will send you the phone either in person or via mail.
Note that specific models’ availability may vary due to stock and other factors. For more info on 5G government phones and pricing, visit official provider websites or their shops.
FAQs about Free 5G Phones from Government
Do I Get Free 5G Phone if I Switch?
Yes, several service providers offer free 5G phones as part of their switch incentives. These deals essentially involve switching from your current service provider to the new one, and in return, you’ll receive a free 5G phone.
Companies like Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have such offers.
However, they usually require you to sign a long-term contract and trade in your old device.
Specific conditions vary, so it’s crucial to read the fine print before committing.
Can I Upgrade my 4G Phone to 5G for Free?
Yes, some service providers offer a free upgrade from 4G to 5G, but it often depends on the specific terms and conditions of your contract. Always check with your provider for exact details on upgrade possibilities.
Can You Get 5G Government Phones with Free Internet?
Yes, certain government programs provide 5G phones with free Internet. Eligibility is typically based on income or participation in other federal assistance programs.
What is a Free 5G Phone from the Government?
A free 5G phone from the government is a mobile device provided through government benefit programs like Lifeline. These programs aim to bridge the digital divide by offering eligible individuals access to essential communication services, including smartphones with 5G capabilities.
Who is Eligible to Receive a Free 5G Phone with the Government Assistance?
Eligibility for a free 5G phone varies depending on the specific government program and its criteria. Generally, individuals who meet certain income requirements or participate in qualifying assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible for a free 5G phone.
Do I Need to Pay Anything to Receive a Free 5G Phone from the Government?
In most cases, there are no upfront costs associated with receiving a free 5G phone from the government. However, it’s important to note that there may be certain fees or charges for additional services, such as data plans or extra features, depending on the service provider’s terms and conditions.
In the end, obtaining free 5G government phones doesn’t seem as difficult as it may appear. It’s a real deal, a lifeline for those who qualify.
So, if you’re involved in qualifying federal assistance programs or meet the income criteria, congratulations! You’re just a few steps away from embracing the power of 5G.
Just research available options and get access to 5G compatible phones for free.