Getting a free T-Mobile EBB tablet can be a great and straightforward process if you are eligible. Depending on your specific account type and plan, you can take advantage of this great deal from T-Mobile.
As technology continues to evolve, having a reliable tablet at your disposal becomes increasingly important. Whether it’s for work, education, or entertainment, a tablet can be an essential tool.
But what if you could get your hands on a tablet for free? Yes, you heard right! T-Mobile, one of the leading telecommunications companies, offers a free tablet from the government through Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program.
Let’s dive into the details now.
What is the EBB Program?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program was a federal initiative managed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The program was designed to help families and households that were struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The EBB utilized $3.2 billion in federal funding to provide these benefits.
The program offered a temporary discount on monthly broadband internet service for eligible households.
Depending on the provider, the benefit could be up to $50 per month towards broadband service. For those living on qualifying Tribal lands, the benefit was up to $75 per month.
However, it’s important to note that starting from 2022, the EBB program transitioned to a new program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Despite this change, those enrolled in the EBB continued to receive benefits through March 1, 2022.
Plans Under Which T-Mobile Offers EBB Free Tablets?
Yes, T-Mobile does indeed offer free tablets as part of their contribution to the EBB (now ACP) Program. This initiative ensures that eligible consumers can stay connected with the world seamlessly.
It’s not just about the free tablet; there are also additional benefits like unlimited data and hotspot data of 20GB.
Below are the two plans under which T-Mobile is offering tablets for free –
- No cost Franklin T9 hotspot Plan: This plan is designed specifically for households that already have devices like smartphones, laptops, or tablets and primarily need internet access. The Franklin T9 hotspot device provided under this plan from T-Mobile allows users to connect their devices to the internet. The plan includes 10GB of high-speed internet data per month, making it a suitable choice for those working or learning from home who need a reliable internet connection. However, once the 10GB limit is reached, the internet speed may be reduced.
- No-Cost Tablet Plan: This plan is perfect for households that do not currently have a tablet at home. Eligible households receive a free T-Mobile EBB tablet (either an Alcatel Joy Tab 2 or a Moxee tablet) along with unlimited data from T-Mobile. This means that users can browse the web, stream videos, download apps, and more without worrying about data limitations. This plan includes 20GB of hotspot data. This feature allows users to share their tablet’s internet connection with other devices, which can be particularly useful when a Wi-Fi network is not available.
How to Get a Free Tablet with EBB – Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for a free T-Mobile EBB tablet, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. First and foremost, you need to be a participant in any of the federal assistance programs or be an eligible lifeline participant.
Additionally, being qualified by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) as EBT also makes you eligible for this program. Yes, you can get a free tablet with EBT benefits.
Let’s look into the eligibility requirements in detail –
Eligibility for T-Mobile EBB Tablet
Here are the eligibility requirements for the Free T-Mobile EBB Tablet. It helps you to understand who is eligible for this offer:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The household income should be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- A member of the household should be a participant in certain assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, or the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
- A member of the household has been approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- A member of the household received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- The household experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
Please note that these are general guidelines. For the most accurate information, it’s best to check with T-Mobile directly or visit the official EBB or ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) website.
Documentation is a crucial part of the application process to get a free T-Mobile Tablet. You need to bring proof of eligibility to a participating store.
This might include:
- Proof of Income: You may need to provide proof of income such as pay stubs, W-2 or tax returns if you’re qualifying based on your household income being at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Proof of your Age: You need to provide an official document that may prove your age eligibility.
- Proof of Participation in Assistance Programs: If you’re qualifying based on participation in certain assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, or the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, you’ll need to provide documentation that shows you’re a participant in one of those programs.
- Proof of Approval for School Lunch or Breakfast Program: If a member of your household has been approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, you’ll need to provide proof of this approval.
- Proof of Receipt of a Federal Pell Grant: If a member of your household received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year, you should provide documentation of this grant.
- Proof of a Substantial Loss of Income: You’ll need to provide documentation to show the loss of income and that your total income in 2020 was at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
How to Apply for a Free T-Mobile EBB Tablet?
Applying for a free T-Mobile EBB tablet is quite straightforward. However, as mentioned earlier EBB program has transitioned to ACP and hence old steps mentioned on other websites may not work.
If you are already enrolled in the Lifeline or ACP / EBB program, you can follow the below steps.
Step 1 – Visit the T-Mobile website.
Step 2 – Go to the T-Mobile Store Locator from here.
Step 3 – Enter your zip code and locate the nearby T-Mobile store.
Step 4 – Visit the store with the required documents.
Step 5 – Ask for the T-Mobile EBB free tablet form.
Step 6 – Fill out the form and submit it along with the required documents.
Done, now wait for the approval. Once your application is approved, you will get a free tablet from T-mobile within a few days or weeks.
Which T-Mobile Tablet Model Am I Able to Choose with EBB Program?
T-Mobile, under the Emergency Broadband Benefits (EBB) program or the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), provides eligible households with free tablets. The specific models they offer as part of this program are:
- The Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Moxee tablet
You don’t have many options to choose from, but it’s worth it as it comes at no cost to you.
Besides these free tablet models, T-Mobile also offers several other tablets at discounted rates. It includes:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ 5G (Available at $7.08 a month for 24 months)
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite (Free with a new Tablet Line)
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G – (Available at $11.04 a month for 24 months)
- TCL Tab 10 5G (Free with a new Tablet Line)
T-Mobile EBB Tablet Limitations
Below are some of the limitations or restrictions for the T-Mobile EBB Tablet:
You can only get a new T-Mobile tablet if you are ACP-eligible.
There can be only one EBB-free tablet for benefits for each household, not each person.
The T-Mobile free tablet offered by the EBB program cannot be transferred to another person.
Even the successor of the EBB program, the Affordable Connectivity Program has a budgetary limit with no plans to keep it running once its $14 billion budget runs out.
There is a limit of one monthly service discount and one device discount allowed per household.
FAQs about Free T-Mobile EBB Tablet
Can I switch from EBB to ACP?
Yes, you can switch from the EBB to ACP. However, you need to be aware that the benefits might differ slightly between the two programs. It’s important to check the conditions and eligibility requirements for the ACP before making the switch.
Why EBB Program has Ended?
The EBB Program has ended as it was a temporary relief measure implemented during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide discounted internet service for eligible households. It has been succeeded by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which continues the aim of bridging the digital divide but comes with its own set of guidelines and regulations.
Will I Lose my EBB Discount Benefits with the End of the EBB Program?
No, you will not lose your EBB discount benefits immediately with the end of the EBB Program. Current EBB Program participants will continue to receive their benefits for up to 60 days after the launch of the ACP or until they are successfully enrolled in the ACP. Check with your provider for more accurate information.
What if I Disqualify for EBB T-Mobile Tablet?
If you disqualify for the free T-Mobile EBB tablet, you can explore other options like purchasing a low-cost tablet or enrolling in other government assistance programs for internet access. Also, T-Mobile offers various budget-friendly tablet plans that you might consider.
Am I Eligible for EBB Benefits with T-Mobile Business Account?
No, T-Mobile Business Accounts are not eligible for EBB benefits. The benefits are only applicable to personal or individual accounts and require qualifying based on the specific program criteria.
Can I Get a Free T-Mobile Tablet with ACP?
Yes, under the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible participants can receive a free T-Mobile tablet. The specifics of this offer might vary, and it’s advisable to check with T-Mobile for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Do Existing T-Mobile Customers Qualify for a Free Tablet?
Yes, existing T-Mobile customers can qualify for a free tablet if they meet the eligibility criteria for the EBB/ACP.
In conclusion, the T-Mobile EBB program is a remarkable initiative that can help many households stay connected in these challenging times.
With a free tablet and other benefits, this program is a testament to T-Mobile’s commitment to making digital access affordable and accessible.
So, if you meet the eligibility requirements, don’t hesitate to apply and take advantage of this excellent opportunity!
Disclaimer: As the EBB program has ended on March 2022 and transitioned into the ACP, new users will apply for free T-Mobile tablets under Affordable Connectivity Program.